Friday, July 25, 2008

Moving...


We are moving most of our stuff out of the apartment tomorrow.
The house is not packed up.
Do you think this will be a problem?
If not, what about the fact that the house we're putting it in isn't finished either? Problem?
NAH!
Today I pretty much finished the bedroom! HURRAY! I just need to sand and mop the final coat of poly-going-to-kill-you-thane and the floors will be beautifully done!
We would have the middle floor done by now but sander after sander keeps breakin' down. So, when we finish sanding the edges I'll be all over that floor with stain, like white on rice... but it'll be dark brown.
The kitchen is as ready as it's going to be for a while b/c the floor in there is low priority and there's no need to get the island just yet b/c we have to have some where to put all these boxes!
The front room....well... yea. It's there.
No, we did clean up the floors and they need another sanding and then will be ready for stain also, but we aren't staining them until we get the drywall up and painted... oh yea... about that....
We are thinking now we will connect the two front rooms around the fireplace... more demo! hurray! wait.
No, we are going to get an estimate from some contractors and probably hire them to do the demo and drywall... or atleast the drywall. We could do it but since we are going to be moved in, it would be nice to have some one do it who could finish it in a day or two!
The upstairs is also pretty ready to go but needs a floor... we are also looking for a good deal on having carpet installed with very little luck.
So... that's all....pretty much done aye? hmm

What do I want for dinner?
Drew's in Lexington setting up for the sale tomorrow and I should be packing but no thanks.

There is no food in the apartment b/c it's all packed away for or at the house.
So I've been trying to figure out what sounds appealing since I never get to go out to eat by myself.
Chick Fil A has always been my default but it doesn't sound appealing right now... I might just eat grilled cheese and then give the puppy face to Drew to take me to ice cream when he gets home.
We haven't really had a minute together. And, Graeters (local awesome ice cream that is similar to Braums in Texas but has better ice cream...sorry) is making up FRESH PEACH these days... I'm hoping it will taste like the peach that we got as a family on vaca sometimes from that peach stand that had all things peachy including soft serve peach icecream... I was like 8 and I have never forgotten that awesome cone of peachness!!! (and I dont even really like ice cream that much... I'd much rather cake or brownies..) So far, I haven't found anything that compares. If this does, I'll have to take my parents when they come in town..... speaking of... THEY ARE COMING TO VISIT!!!!
It's going to be crazy, but I'm so glad they are coming!!
They'll be here just in time for my mom to help me deep clean, put in shelf paper (which she is amazingly good at and I royally stink at) and unpack!! Luckily for them, they aren't staying with us so they will not have to be faced with the craziness all the time. I'm hoping it will be a good time to relax for all of us since Drew and I have not stopped since we closed on this house. Seriously, I don't think we've had a whole conversation since then.... but he just called and agreed to ice cream without the puppy dog eyes... this is a very good sign.

So, grilled cheese and zucchini... here I come!! Oh and I am going to get busy so Drew thinks I've been productive this whole time... JUST KIDDING... I just told him the same thing.... but I do need to get a few boxes packed!

1 comment:

Proffitteer said...

Friend!!!! I just now am getting to catch up on your blog--and oh my gosh!!!!!! i'm so excited about your house and wish i could be there to help out/see it for reals!!! It's going to be amazing when it's all done and I'm so thrilled for you!!!!I miss you tons...summer camp is keeping me busy, but it's good. i'm fighting strep right now :)sooooo good.