Friday, July 31, 2009

Preggers

Well, I don't even really want to continue to post belly pictures any more... 1. because I am getting significantly larger every day and 2. because my baby doesn't look like the cute round basketball you see on billboards... she is a lot weirder shaped than I expected... and lopsided. Oh well, I guess once you start you have to finish. Plus, I remember longing for more shots of my pregnant friend and it never crossed my mind that they could be anything but adorable... so hopefully you feel the same.
Today completes 29 weeks, which means I am in my 30Th week starting tomorrow. So, I thought it would be fun to see what I looked like at week 15 compared to week 30...

So funny that I actually wanted to show more at 15 weeks and thought that I was in this picture! I had no idea what my body was capable of!!


And I know that if I feel big now, in 10 more weeks I'll be laughing at myself again.



I have to admit, being pregnant has been a huge blessing in my life. Sure, it's expensive and there are some crazy things that go on emotionally and physically... but over all I have been extremely blessed.
First and foremost just the thought of our Creator giving us such a prominent roll in his creating business is amazing to me. That God took so much joy in creating man and yet he allows us "men", who do not give him the honor due his name and do not recognize his glory, to share in that joy and to be a huge part of the process is such a blessing! If you or I were God we would probably not be willing to part with such a pleasure, with such a huge role and yet he does.... and men think they have control and have it all figured out but through this whole event it has become even more clear to me how much I am not in control and how wonderful are the works of His hands and how unsearchable His ways!
Also, God has given me the most amazing gift in my husband. I have a husband who encourages me to rest, listens to all my thoughts and feelings and wipes away my tears. He is a man that takes care of me and loves me unconditionally, even at my worst. He has provided for me through hard work with little to no glory. This same man who works so hard also is renovating our house and constantly trying to provide a home for his family that is pleasant to live in. I cannot say enough amazing things about Drew. I am thankful for him beyond words and cannot even begin to describe the love I feel for him on a daily basis. Stella is going to be one lucky girl, that is with out a doubt.
On a much smaller scale, I have also been tremendously blessed to not have to struggle much with allergies. We have taken a lot of preventative measures but for the first time in over 4 years I am on ZERO prescription medications for my allergies! It is a miracle to be able to make it this many months with out antibiotics or surgery... much less to make it while pregnant, when every one thought it wasn't possible!
I have also experienced very little pain through out this process and found out today that all of my blood work came back with outstanding results. My blood sugar and blood levels are both excellent and so far my blood pressure has stayed under control. My weight... well, what woman wants to talk about that? But I can say that I feel so blessed to have been able to work out for my entire pregnancy up until this point. I am getting slower but still capable of enjoying a good sweat and getting some great vitamin D time.
We also have so many wonderful friends and family members that have loved on us, been generous to us and helped us a great deal! We have an amazing church family that has led the way in raising children in a God-glorifying way and they work very hard to equip us to be godly parents and have a godly marriage and witness to our community. We could not be more thankful for them!
So... despite any small hiccups with cribs or minor aches and pains... I am so thankful for the blessing of being pregnant and the responsibility entrusted to us to be parents. God has been more than kind to us during this time and we are so thankful that not only did he redeem us from our debts of sin but that he continually lavishes us with amazingly good gifts in this life!